Saturday 26 March 2011

Gripes....

I doubt that this will be read by any of the "ehem" target audience (and to the club/store owners on my friends list, this rant is NOT aimed at you) but......

1 Groups that have the ability to deselect group-chat-and-notices disabled and spam you with incessant blue boxes and inane drivel in chat (yes, re-opens afresh with each post after you've closed the chat pane). I'm in your group because I like your place, I know where you are and yes I DO appreciate knowing about events...but have some restraint!!!

2 Places that at some point you have subscribed to, little realising how often you would get mailings. I don't mean SL group joinings, they are easy! I mean the other kind, the kind that has an unsubscribe button tucked away on the 4th floor of some laggy location where you have to wade through treacle, stopping and waiting for the grey to colour up every few steps in case you miss the bloody unsubscribe button! I have spent the last 20 minutes in one - it's all dark purple and black with semi-transparent panels, re-setting to midday lighting changes nothing....and it's grown from 1 to 6 rabbit-warren floors Arrrgggghhhhh.

I'm on a mission this weekend to hunt down and unsubscribe each of these as they arise so, if I suddenly tp off, please excuse me - blame a blue box.

No comments:

Post a Comment