Wednesday 30 March 2011

30-Day Song Challenge

I'm sure this did the rounds last year, maybe different challenges, dunno.
I didn't do it then and didn't now either. I find the number, the sequence in some way intimidating, know that there will be blank moments, things I won't want to share publicly (in that public among friends way) and that will offend the sequence and my sense of order.
However, HERE I am the inner me not the daily sensible me, HERE I can edit, HERE I can cherry-pick entries, so here are my selected entries.

Day 1 – Favourite song
I like lots of music, I like this one a lot, the words are very powerful and I have often said I could listen to Brian Molko sing the telephone directory. Placebo, Bright Lights.

Day 2 – Your least favorite song instant off switch
I'm not like the souls that want to throw CD's out of the car window, but this does make me get up/switch off/switch over.

Day 4 – A song that makes you sad
I love this song but find it very powerful, it always makes me well up. Cat Stevens, Father & Son

Day 5 – A song that reminds you of someone
I always say I like all music, except Country! Inevitably I met up with a fan, eventually I said, ok, explain to me what you “get” about all this and learned about the country/rock crossover strand. 
This song is NOT an example of that genre but a fun piece from that period of my life – try it :)

Day 6 – A song that reminds you of somewhere
Camden Market, Cyberdog, happy times. Darude - Sandstorm.

Day 7 – A song that reminds you of a certain event
1st  boyfriend, yeah he dumped me :( Nilsson - Without You.

Day 9 – A song that you can dance to
Stones, of course – this is usually the point my feet start to itch although whether it's dancing is another matter. Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash

Day 11 – A song from your favourite band
No such thing as too much Stones! Woo Wooooo

Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure.

Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love
I don't know anymore what people expect of me, but this was a fun night. Rammstein - Feuer Frei.

Day 15 – A song that describes you in one song.
Well, one SOME days.... 

Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play
Tried, transposed a score, laboured.... Mozart - Voi che sapete

Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty.
We all have our dark days, this hits the spot on mine. Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good


No comments:

Post a Comment