Thursday 17 March 2011

Changes...but for the better?.....

I was online earlier at a point when few friends were around and decided to go wandering. You know the kind of time, look up old haunts, old landmarks.
I clicked on one of the places I like to go when I want somewhere pretty, peaceful and where I can just relax.
I got that ominous teleport cannot be completed message that either means the sim is down....or increasingly these days - gone.
I tried 3 times, then someone came online who could confirm my suspicions, yes that sim had gone.
Now here's the thing (and I don't want to identify the place as I don't want to seem critical to friends so I will speak in generalities) there have been 2 sims there for quite a long time, one is commercial - club, shops, lots of shops, densely covered, the other residential - beautiful, carefully-made buildings, nice landscape, places to just "be". 
You can guess which one went.
I'm told it was cost, Linden "pressure" was mentioned. Is this the shape of things to come? Everywhere a shopping mall? The places of beauty that we all have tucked away in our landmarks file disappearing? Where is the space for second life creativity in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment