Saturday 16 July 2011

Gripes....

At the risk of sounding a bit pissy (Oh WTF – it’s my blog anyway!), there are a few things that are bugging me atm.
Now that we can choose names seeing who is online is becoming a bit of a minefield!
First you have the hieroglyphics that gravitate to the top of your list – thankfully I only have a few of these and can remember who they are.
Then you have the completely enigmatic – “Remembrance of Things Past.....is online” flashing on-screen really? Am I going to look up a profile to work out who that is?
Then you have the ones who started with a “normal” name, change to a normal name....but then change again to another unrelated normal name, each permissible time-frame!
I had an instance last week where a very old friend wanted to test out a kidnap anim. His chat tab gave his regular name, while I was waiting for him to accept my teleport this guy started chatting to me. Before I could do my “waiting for my friend” bit, I realised it was my friend – confused? Sure was!

While I’m on a rolling rant, another thing that bugs me (and yes, I realise I may upset a friend or two here but, hell, it’s just my view right?)
You are having a quiet evening somewhere, a blue box pops up for a club event, you dismiss it...
        ...THEN...
                  ...within seconds, group chat splatters the same thing across your viewing screen! Really guys, I want to stay in touch with events......BUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment