Tuesday 24 May 2011

Excited!!!


 

I've been curious about S/L clothes-making for some time, each time I looked at it, layers in Gimp or Photoshop seemed an insurmountable hurdle - I just couldn't get the concept.
At the weekend I had a chance chat with Cissy (ie we started talking about something else!) who said "It's simple, you just...." - well, suddenly the way she explained it, it made sense and the clouds parted.
Apart from a genuine curiosity I wanted to make something for Bramble that I knew I'd be unable to buy.
His football team is NOT one of the ones you see things for all over the place and I wanted to make him a shirt and wanted him to have it in good time for their very big match this coming Sunday.
Definitely woman-on-a-mission!
New projects take you new places and although Cissy's advice really helped me get the hang of the texture stages, I'd failed to realise I'd need a prim collar. Doh! I hadn't a clue where to get one or even what to put in a search! Thanks Shauna for chatting through that one.
The finished product was presented last night, I know it's far from perfect but it got a great reception and that, and the sense of personal achievement, gave me a huge buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment