Sunday 6 February 2011

Enough!

People say that they try to acknowledge their mistakes, yet reiterate the same "mistaken" belief in the same post.
Oh dear.
I had hoped all that rubbish and mud-slinging had ended, that emotions had settled, stubbornness eased that common sense (sadly, seldom common) had prevailed.
I have bitten back comments on the advice of others who have counselled  "ignore it, it will go away" but it doesn't, it hasn't.

There is always a risk in putting 2 and 2 together and seeing a great deal more than that in the answer, even those who are mathematically inclined seem to do that.

To give a pertinent example, just because an avatar teleports into my home, falls asleep there on my sofa....to presume that we did more than talk is to make more than 4 from that equation. 
Not only has more than 4 been made but people have been maligned on the basis of that supposition for months.
I assume that to find him and see him there, may have involved teleporting to his location (uninvited by me, the owner) but I am not throwing any accusations around because it is pure supposition and I have no evidence
Others could learn from this approach, but I doubt that they will.

It is worth remembering that when 2 people are together, on S/L just as in R/L, they are the only ones that truly know what passed between them. I am one of the 2 in question, it is not anyone else's business but in the interests of FINALLY killing this dead and restoring reputations, here is what happened.

On a date in August, I got a message from a good friend, we had not been more than that for quite some time. he was clearly upset and wanted to talk so I offered a teleport. 
Friends do that for friends whether they are dressed or not.
He arrived at 12.27 SLT - very late for him and the beginning of my evening for me and I was in full Gorean garb ready to go to my village. 
Our chat lasted until 12.41, 14 minutes, and he fell asleep, logging at 13.23. 
Our chat is private but my advice to him included suggesting he burn no boats and get some sleep.

And that folks, is it.

I know people have been told they owe me an apology, I doubt that I will get one and, to be honest, for all this to just go away would be good enough. My friends know me and do not doubt my integrity. 
However the name and standing of another has also been muddied by all this "mistaken" belief and that put simply is unfair.
If, as reflected upon in the opening sentence, people are ready to try to acknowledge their mistakes, then they have some work to do.


I don't know if I will leave this post up, the whole issue carries an unpleasant taint so I am stating now, at time of writing, that it may be taken down at a future point. 

6 comments:

Auryn Beorn said...

"Sometimes, I see strange coincidences..." ^_^

But that's fine. I was told that every story has three sides. What one says, what the other says, and what really happened.

As for taking down the post, don't worry. Google's memory is wide. It's best to simply not press "publish". But I'm sure a smart woman like you already knew.

Cheers. And thanks for not forgetting me when you started being just a blurry cloud in my mind. It means a lot to me. Perhaps a friend of yours told me about this post...

Lacewing said...

"What one says, what the other says, and what really happened."

As neither of the parties present were YOU, I would think that my account (checked against chat logs as there was a lot going on in my life at that time) would be better informed that the version you have evolved to fuel so many blog posts.

As I had walked away from any such relationship in the early days of you being on the scene, I had no wish to change that and certainly did nothing to change that. I'm sure you'll remember, you made such a fuss because I dropped you off my friends list, we never were friends Auryn, we were merely acquaintances with a friend in common.

If you lost him, you managed it without my help.

I suggest you face up to that and move on

Auryn Beorn said...

LOL.

You never published my comments where I've been really honest on the creative you seem to have, and publish this?

Of course, you needed to prove you're "morally superior". I just don't understand "why now", when all is past for me and I'm happy, since months, in my new life. And no, I don't remember that fuss. I simply asked you, after your silly note, about it, because I had morbid curiosity, but that was all. How you take it, nowadays, months after it, it's something that simply escapes to my understanding. But if you want to keep in the kindergarten, both of us pulling our hairs "no!, no!, you can't comment on my blog!", go on.

Face up and move on? Come on. It was your partner who shown on my place and threatened me when I was just trying to redo my life, a life that, btw, that "friend" of yours, didn't want to admit for me. It's been him the one not moving on. He's still not moved on. But I'm not surprised you don't see it the way it is.

Tell the facts as you prefer. You still lack a part of the story.

I don't expect this one published neither. You play "god" and I know. Don't worry. I have my own page to publish all without the censoring you like here.

Logs are not everything.

The censoring you apply to me means a lot more.

I dare you to continue this in my page. I won't censor you. I'm not like you. Do you have the guts?

PS: I know the answer, what will happen with my comment and what will happen with the whole entry if I dare to publish my censored answer in my page. Oh, bless Google, for the cache. Are you, for once, playing fair?

Lacewing said...

"You never published my comments where I've been really honest on the creative you seem to have, and publish this?"
1 Your comments did not seem sincere when I read them
2 I did not want to provide a link to a blogger that was repeatedly making false accusations about me.
 
"It was your partner who shown on my place and threatened me ............."
That's laughable, he just isn't like that, he visited to ask you to stop publishing falsehoods about me
 
".............when I was just trying to redo my life, ..."
So why did you continue on the same bitterness again and again afterwards? You refer to the sex-that-never-happened as recently as the 5th February?
 
"You still lack a part of the story."
As do you, but you have fabricated what you don't know. I KNOW I haven't done what you repeatedly accuse me of.
 
"I dare you to continue this in my page. I won't censor you. I'm not like you. Do you have the guts?"
Dares belong in the playground Auryn.
I have not commented on your page because I do not trust you, having seen how you distort and misrepresent things.
I will say my piece in a place where I retain some control. 
 
"PS: I know the answer, what will happen with my comment and what will happen with the whole entry if I dare to publish my censored answer in my page. Oh, bless Google, for the cache. Are you, for once, playing fair?"
Like I have said, I may well remove this entire thread when we have completed our conversation because the issue taints things.
I don't care what my be cached.
And I ALWAYS play fair

Edited for punctuation and reposted

Auryn Beorn said...

I'm not playing your game anymore. I've been clear.

A first answer: http://auryn-beorn.blogspot.com/2011/03/stupid-it-burns.html

And the link I'll put as soon as you delete this, so there's a safe place to discuss, without threats of "I'll take this off!!! OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!": http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:f8gbA5-npAcJ:lacewingmesmeriser.blogspot.com/2011/02/enough.html+http://lacewingmesmeriser.blogspot.com/2011/02/enough.html&cd=1&hl=es&ct=clnk&client=iceweasel-a&source=www.google.com

Or if my comment never appears.

Or just if I fancy.

Who knows.

Lacewing said...

Your ranting makes my point for me but just for the record.....

...directly address.....?
I did, 10th September 2010

…... believing I'm talking about her and whatever she has in her mind. As if the world was not big enough, for me to have met others.......
You have had other lovers since who you believe have betrayed you with imaginary lovers? Surely you are therefore to be pitied, not scorned!

Oh and as for attention whoring, how many posts have you devoted to that “betrayal-that-never-happened”? More than a dozen?
I really, REALLY can't be arsed to check the details of each rant...sorry, post.

Pffft Whatever!

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
George Bernard Shaw
Time to leave and go off to wash my hands

Post a Comment