Sunday 17 October 2010

Burning Man

I've never been so was pleased when an old friend suggested going.

I hadn't walked far when I was captivated by Gracie Kendal's Collaged Sculpture. 

 
The colours and textures used are amazing.....



.....so much so that I started playing with environment editor to capture them differently.


She has used the kind of palette that can so easily look just plain brash but has handled it so carefully that it is perfectly in balance and reminded me of Gaudi's work in Parc Guell.


Gracie's piece is a thing of striking beauty in itself but on closer examination it probes some of the issues of our existence here and elsewhere with questions scattered within the exhibit.
"What is my purpose?"
"What are you afraid of?"
"Why are you here?"

Aamira Aeon's Object (Caravan) is beautifully fitted out in (I think) Burr Walnut, definitely high end comfort!


Lots more to see, I'm going back later, I'm told there's a maze......

No comments:

Post a Comment